



For my site, I will use a modified monochromatic palette. Besides black, white and shades of gray, I will use tints and shades of red and a desaturated gray-brown. I am choosing these colors because they fit with the theme and analogy of my site, and because they match with some preliminary logo designs I have done for myself.
These colors have obvious political symbolism, and have been used for propaganda materials throughout the 20th century. Associations can also be drawn with violence and bloodshed. Just the kind of thing FPS designers would look for in an artist, and hopefully daring enough to catch an advertising executive's attention.
The red will be used on the header, the logo, the page name and any areas where important navigation will appear. The gray-brown will be used as a backdrop for text areas to add contrast (think old newspaper).
The red will be used on the header, the logo, the page name and any areas where important navigation will appear. The gray-brown will be used as a backdrop for text areas to add contrast (think old newspaper).

The palette will look like this, with shades of red, different saturations of gray-brown, black, white, and shades of gray.
Some sites have color schemes similar to the one I want to use:
No comments:
Post a Comment